Sunday, April 8, 2012

LRRH

When I was little I grew up with the story of Little Red Riding Hood. It was one of my favorite bedtime stories that I would love to hear before going to bed and my mom would always tell it to me. I grew up in Belarus, Minsk (used to be part of USSR), so I've known the Russian version of Little Red Riding Hood forever. In Russia the story of Little Red Riding Hood is considered to be big deal to children and adults that grew up with it. (they even have candy dedicated to Little Red Riding Hood).

There is also a famous Soviet Union movie of Little Red Riding Hood which was one of my most favorite movies of all time. The Storyline was very close to the PG version that children usually grow up listening to, but the Little Red Riding Hood in this movie was not gullible nor naive. Every time she would run into the wolf, she would out smart him in some way and keep going on her way to get to grandma's house. All the way she makes friends who help her and make sure nothing bad happens on her journal to grandma's house because she was so friendly and nice, but at the same time a very smart girl who knew who to trust and who not to trust.

          This is the link to a clip from the movie, where Little Red Riding Hood is sing on her way to grandma's through the forest:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPzGfB-fg4g&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment